Sunday, April 5, 2009

A New Adventure

Hi there!

My name is Elaine and I make custom jewelry.  :)

I started doing this as a way to make meaningful Christmas presents and it has blossomed into a full fledged obsession!  I opened up an Etsy shop at the fierce insistence of my friends Tina and Emily.  They received so many compliments when wearing the jewelry I made for them, I decided to give it a go!

My Etsy shop is Una Tia Especial.  It's named in honor of my nieces and nephew, Alexis, Jennifer and Kevin.  Tia is the Spanish word for Aunt.   As father is Cuban, I grew up calling my aunts, Tia.  Not one to slight my mother's sister, I call her Tante, as she and my mother are German.  However growing up in Miami, Florida, I saw my dad's sisters much more than I did my Tante Moni.   Tia is just cool.  And I'm the coolest! ;) 

I started selling my jewelry on Etsy in January 2009 and less than two weeks later, I had my first sale.  To a total stranger!  I was so excited!  It was then that I thought maybe I could make a go at this.  

I just love making jewelry.  I love taking classes to learn new techniques.  My favorite technique is beadweaving with wire working coming in a close second.   My favorite places to take classes are Need 2 Bead in Canal Winchester (five minutes from my house - yay!) and 1 Stop Bead Shop in Dublin (not so close...) :)  

I hope you see something you like!  If something catches your eye and you want more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.  I can make virtually any piece longer, shorter or with different colors.  The sky is our limit!  Let your imagination go!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to bead you soon! :)

No comments: