Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Mom

I love my mom. I don't get to see her as often as I would like as she lives in southern Georgia and well, I live in Ohio. I was lucky enough to spend a week with her in February when my aunt and uncle visited from Germany. We went on a road trip out west. We visited my brother and his family in Kansas and then drove on to Colorado Springs to visit a friend of my mom and some friends of mine. My mom hadn't seen her friend, Ingrid, in 26 years! It was so nice for them to touch base. I caught up with a few girlfriends I met on a cruise last September and a good high school friend, Michelle, whom I hadn't seen since 1996. It was a great trip.

A month ago, I learned to create a Cellini Spiral bracelet at Need 2 Bead. It was an utter monster to complete. During the class, another participant chose really cool colors, so I bought them to make another. That was before I realized how much of a monster this bracelet would turn out to be. It took me 6 hours to complete! I vowed not to make another one. But I had those really cool colors to work with. So I decided to make one more and give it to my mom for Mother's Day.

Tonight, I finished it. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I know she'll love it.



No comments: