Monday, May 25, 2009

Hodgepodge

I've made many jewelry items over the last several months and taken hundreds of pictures. I didn't always blog about each piece, so I've decided to make this hodgepodge post.

Earthtone Spiral Bracelet - I'm addicted to beadweaving! I love the simplicity of the weave yet how intricate it can be with the different sizes of seed beads and the true rainbow of colors available!



Byzantine Bracelet - I recently expanded into chainmaille. You may have read about my diamond chainmaille bracelet a little while back. I posted a Tweet about it and it got the attention of another chainmaille blog and seller, Chainmaille by MBOI, who tweeted back at me and that's how I found the site to purchase my first Byzantine bracelet kit. I love the elegant look of this weave. The sterling and copper combination is just magical!



Triangular Peyote - Going along with my new found obsession with beadweaving, I bought a beadweaving book. I'm in beadweaving heaven! I picked this weave not realizing it was peyote stitch. Several other beaders have groaned when peyote is mentioned, but I found it delightful! The bright green and silver lined crystal beads really pop against each other.



Black and White Cabernet Bracelet - This weave was taken at Need 2 Bead. It was my first exposure to ladder stitch. I love this bracelet! It's so simple yet so elegant. (I say that a lot, don't I???) I think that's what I love most about beading. The simplicity of it all and the elegance.



Semi-Precious Stone and Crystal Wire Wrap - This is another creation thanks to Stacy at Need 2 Bead. Thanks to this class, I became addicted to working with wire. The beauty of this bracelet is that it can be made in any color combination. The volume of stones and crystals out there is endless!



Cocoa Bliss Necklace - This right angle weave necklace was the first class I took at Need 2 Bead. I made four other necklaces within a week of taking of the class. This necklace really is elegant. I think it's perfect for a wedding or prom.

1 comment:

Mo - Nic - A! said...

You are making this very hard to choose my favorite!!!! Darling...you have so many talents! (Done in my best Linda Richmond voice)